Greg Tolson, Director
The program will meet every 1st and 3rd Saturday.
1st Saturday will be their formal meeting
3rd Saturday will be their workshop/trips.
The Kappa League of Harlem recruits youth primarily from Harlem Public & Private Schools, but services the New York City area and is open to young men in grades 9-12.
Kappa League Primary Objectives:
1. For each young man to discover, polish, and master their inner talents, skills, and abilities in order to find and fulfill their purpose in life.
2. Increase the number young men prepared to become leaders of impact and influence in the social, economic, educational, political, legal and technological sectors of society.
3. 100% HS Graduation Rate
4. 100% Collegiate/Trade School Acceptance Rate and Scholarship Awards
5. Increase in Academic Achievement by encouraging more enrollment in Honors and AP courses
6. For each young man to become the role models of positive change for other youth within their school and communities as well as other male siblings within their own homes.
September 12, 2010
The Kappa League of Harlem is the official Guide Right mentoring program of the New York Alumni Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
The Kappa League of Harlem focuses on providing young men within the New York City area with the necessary leadership skills and training needed to be successful in accomplishing their present and future goals, dreams, and aspirations.
The Harlem Kappa League was chartered on Sunday, July 17, 2011 under the supervision of the Past New York Alumni Chapter Guide Right Chair – Mr. Russell Morgan Jr. and Present Guide Right Chair – Mr. Irvin Crusoe. Mr. J.T. Solomon served as the Harlem Kappa League’s first Adviser.That hot summer day, eleven (11) young men were inducted into the Harlem Kappa League’s Inaugural Class. The gentlemen included Mr. Robert Harris, Mr. Nicholas Mullings, Mr. Joshua Artis, Mr. Tevin Stuart, Mr. Malik Lewis-Schooler, Mr. Russell Lowery Jr., Mr. Cullen Roach, Jr., Mr. Malik Waite, Mr. Avian Bailey, Mr. Tyrone Foster, and Mr. Anthony Lawrence.Mr. Robert Harris served as the Harlem Kappa League’s first President for the 2011-2012 school year. The elected officers were as follows:
Vice President – Mr. Nicholas Mullings
The Kappa League of Harlem seeks to train young men for leadership, achievement and service in every field of human endeavor.